We’ve been keeping chickens for some years now, and never suffered serious losses before. But we didn’t padlock one of the doors the other night, and one of the many local foxes took advantage of the opportunity. Foxes can undo latches and shoot back bolts, so by morning only one of the bantams remained. A few feathers showed where the others had met their end. The bodies had been taken, so presumably they’d ended up as dinner for the fox cubs. It’s still that time of year.
- hazelwordpress on Thule Omnistor 1200
- Margaret Scott on A disaster then a new flock of bantams
- Mark Lewendon on Start of the new caravan season
- charlottebarnes on Planning a new adventure
- shalvageffen on Kitchen Blender Spot the Difference